If you think the solar panel is not working, test it outside the gearbox like in the video below.
*note: The light used in the video below is a halogen light. Please use a halogen lamp or direct sunlight to perform the the test below. Window light does not count as direct sunlight. You will need to go outside where the sun is hitting the panel directly.*
Robot not moving
- Make sure pinion gear is pushed onto the motor pin until it is flush with a flat surface. This is important as the pinion gear will not engage the other gears if not pushed in all the way.
- Make sure the burrs are completely cut off before assembling. (look at your C5 piece)
- Make sure the red & black connectors are inserted correctly.
- Take robot outside under direct hot sunlight or use a 100W halogen light.
- Make sure B6 is pushed all the way down
- Make sure the piece C5 is pushed all the way down into P4. (pg 5, step b3)
*YOU SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SEE ANY OF THE METAL FROM P4*
CLICK VIDEO BELOW FOR STEP BY STEP GEARBOX ASSEMBLY
C5 and the "gear with shaft" should completely touch and not have any metal showing between them. We found that sometimes the white gear on the "gear with shaft" can accidentally slide out of place and not allow for C5 to connect with the gear.
There should be about half an inch of metal shaft on either side of the white gear of the "gear with shaft" but the side that conects with C5 is slightly longer. If you accidentally slid the gear on the shaft, please adjust it. Use the picture above for reference.
If you need a replacement part you can order it online, or fill out the warranty form in the back of your manual and send it to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (310) 515-0927